The Registered Dietitians working within the Healthy Living Division of City of Hamilton Public Health Services invite you to attend the Hamilton Food Summit on November 4th, 2014 at LIUNA Station.
This full-day forum is planned to bring together those interested in informing actions to guide the creation of a healthy, local food system for Hamilton. The format will include morning presentations and afternoon discussions on key areas of the food system.
A healthy food system would benefit Hamilton by:
- Fostering healthy food access within neighbourhoods
- Supporting healthy eating and chronic disease prevention
- Building strong communities
- Creating local, diverse and green economic development
- Protecting and sustaining the environment
- Empowering people with food skills and information
- Promoting a just food system
- Nourishing links between city and countryside
Registration details and agenda to follow later in August, 2014.
See you in November!
Hamilton Food Summit Planning Committee